Giant’s Causeway and Rope Bridge tour from Dublin
6:45am outside Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane, Parnell Square North
Around 7:30pm / 8:30pm, same place
*On days where the weather is nice and the Rope Bridge is open, you are able to cross the bridge for free.
Depart Dublin and travel North, stopping at a service station along the way for breakfast and to stretch your legs. From the 11th of April until the 1st of September, passengers can take a 5-minute photo stop at the ruins of Dunluce Castle. These castle ruins are famous for being the best castle ruins in Ireland to photograph. Making the average amateur photographer look like a professional.
Go to the Giant's Causeway, formed from about 40,000 interlocking basalt columns. Enjoy around 1.5 hours at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and get up close to the hexagonal columns, often referred to as the "8th Wonder of the World."
Then spend around 1 hour 20 minutes at Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and enjoy the view of Rathlin Island and over to Scotland. This rope bridge used to be the spot for fishermen to catch salmon.
Spend around 15-20 minutes to travel along the romantic avenue of intertwined beech trees known as "Dark Hedges." Planted in the 18th century by the Stuart family, they remain a beautiful sight and were even used in the HBO series, Game of Thrones and the Transformers movie.
Lastly, go to Belfast to see the capital of Northern Ireland and birthplace of the Titanic ocean liner. Stop next to Belfast City Hall and enjoy approximately 1 hour to explore the city. Do some sightseeing, shopping and grab some food before the return journey to your pick-up point between 7:30 PM and 8:00 PM.
*Please note that all times are approximate. The locations might be visited in a different order, depends on traffic and weather.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
- Visit the Giant's Causeway
- Cross the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge for free when it is open
- Explore the Dark Hedges
- Drive past the famous Bushmills Whiskey distillery
- Free time in Belfast City
- All other attractions can be seen without extra charges
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Luggage compartment
- Warm rain-proof clothing recommended
- Packed lunch recommended
- Not recommended for small children or those with walking disabilities (a fair amount of walking involved). If your child is used to traveling, please book 1 seat per child and bring your own child seat
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, with heart complaints, pregnant women or other serious medical conditions
Meeting Point Information
Departure at 6:45am outside Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane, Parnell Square North